In a recent draw, Prince Edward Island issued invitations to apply to 121 skilled workers and entrepreneurs Canada immigration candidates in a recent provincial draw. The latest August 18 draw saw invitations issued during the Labour Impact, Business Impact, and Express Entry Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) streams. It saw 117 invites issued to Labour Impact and Express Entry candidates, while Business Impact candidates received 4 invitations. Business Impact applicants needed the lowest score of 97 points.
Prince Edward Island Express Entry Stream
PEI’s Express Entry class operates by considering applicants now in the federal Express Entry Pool for a provincial nomination. This nomination adds 600 additional scores to an applicant’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and assures an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian immigration. The PEI Express Entry Category has two ways to Canadian permanent residence, one for candidates with an occupation offer and one for those without.
Prince Edward Island Labour Impact Category
1) Skilled Worker Stream
This employer-driven stream allows skilled workers with a job offer in PEI to be listed for Canadian Permanent residence if they meet the following criteria:
– A permanent employment offer from a Prince Edward Island business in employment classified as skill level “0”, “A” or “B” of the National Occupational Classification (NOC);
– Post-secondary education completion, with a least 14 years of proper education;
– Age between 21 and 55 years;
– As a minimum 2 years of full-time work experience in the previous 5 years;
– Enough skill in English or French to engage in the employment offered;
– Adequate settlement funds;
– Verified purpose to settle in Prince Edward Island.
2) Critical Worker Stream
This class is designed to decide employment shortages and is open to overseas workers previously in PEI with employment in particular significant demand jobs. The major criteria for suggestion are:
A permanent job offer from a Prince Edward Island business in one of the following jobs:
– Truck driver;
– Customer service representative;
– Manual worker;
– Food & drink server;
– Housekeeping assistant.
– Work experience of 6 months with the Prince Edward Island business offering job;
– Present applicable Canadian work permit;
– High school certificate and a minimum of 12 years of formal education;
– Between 21 and 55 years of age;
– Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years;
– Exhibit essential skills in English or French language;
– Adequate settlement funds;
– Demonstrated purpose to settle in Prince Edward Island.
Prince Edward Island Business Impact Category
Work Permit Stream
Persons are applying under the P.E.I. Work Permit Stream should get a Canadian work permit and work for a P.E.I. business for a certain amount of time as designated in a Performance Agreement. Once the Performance Agreement is fulfilled, the candidate should make a least $150,000 investment in the job and commit to managing the trade on a daily base from within P.E.I. Before, Prince Edward Island operated direct permanent residence business streams, but these were closed in September 2018 over immigration scam worries.
To know more about the Prince Edward Island PNP draw, contact Aram Visas.