Preloader Close


enquire now

    Skilled visa


    Who can work in Europe?

    Anyone who meets the criteria and requirements set by European countries can work in Europe. Most European countries have their own programs to attract foreign professionals and address the shortage of jobs in different regions of the country.

    How can I obtain a Schengen work visa for Europe?

    The Schengen work visa does not exist. You can obtain a Schengen visa for other purposes, such as tourism, visiting family and friends, business or medical purposes, etc. However, you cannot obtain a Schengen visa to work in Europe. You cannot work if you have a Schengen visa for other purposes.

    However, you can work in the Schengen area if you have a national visa (D) for work purposes issued by one of the 26 European countries that are part of the Schengen area.

    Work Visa Europe

    Each of the Schengen member countries has its own visa policy, which varies from country to country. The work visa programs in the European countries were established to meet the labor needs of the respective countries and to address a shortage of jobs.

    Therefore, the criteria and requirements for work visas, as well as the application process, depend heavily on the labor needs of each country.

    Who needs a visa to work in Europe?

    Citizens of the U.S., Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and Switzerland, as well as EU citizens, do not need to apply for a work visa to Europe. However, they must apply for their residence and work permits upon arrival in the country where they will be working.

    Citizens of other countries must apply for and obtain a work visa before entering the Schengen area for work purposes.

    What are the conditions for obtaining a work permit in Europe?

    The following are the standard conditions for a European work visa:

    Application form: Completely filled out and printed twice. Do not forget to sign both copies at the end!

    Two identical photos: These photos should have been taken within the last three months and meet the common criteria for Schengen visa photos.

    Valid passport:  Your passport should not be older than ten years and should be valid for at least three months on the day you plan to leave the Schengen area. Make sure it has at least two blank pages for the visa sticker.

    Outbound and return flight reservation: It should have the dates and flight numbers for entering and leaving the Schengen area. Learn more about how to book a flight reservation to apply for an EU visa here!

    Travel medical insurance: It covers all medical emergencies with hospital treatment and return travel to the home country due to medical emergencies up to 30,000 euros. The insurance must be valid in all Schengen countries and must be taken out before collecting the visa.

    Proof of accommodation: A document showing where you will be living in the Schengen area, such as a rental agreement.

    Employment contract: An employment contract signed between you and your future employer who is located in the Schengen area.

    Proof of academic qualifications: In the form of diplomas, certificates, grade reports, etc.

    Proof of language skills: Most countries want you to adapt, even if you are only going to work there for a year. Therefore, many of them require that you meet a certain level of proficiency in the official language.

    Please note that these are only the basic requirements that you must meet in order to obtain a work visa to Europe. Each of the Schengen member countries, as well as other European countries outside this zone, have their own additional requirements.

    We are dealing with 3 types of European work permit

    – Skilled Work Permit

    – Semi Skilled Work Permit

    – Unskilled Work Permit

    Aram Visas is a most trusted immigration firm that offers the best immigration services , Counselling services and professional guideline/advisory to the clients on the overseas immigration process

    Corporate Office

    Disclaimer: Aram Visas is not a recruitment or placement agency. Also, we do not assist with any kind of jobs or employment offers including domestic/international Placement. We only help with work permit documentation, immigration, and the overseas education process.
    Free Assessment
    close slider